Leadership Programs for ages 13 -17
In addition to our regular camp experience, we offer teens a
Counselor-in-Training (CIT) program. This program offers the opportunity
for teenagers to gain leadership experience while enjoying the full
camp program. CITs are included in pre-camp training, staff meetings,
and CIT meetings. They are personally led by the Directors with conflict
resolution case studies and leadership skills.
This program is great for a teenager who is friendly, can maintain a
positive attitude, and who likes working with younger children. CIT’s
are assigned a group of younger campers and will help the senior leader
lead the group, assist with activities and organize games. The number of
CIT’s accepted to this program is limited to 8 per week. CIT’s pay
discounted camp fees depending upon the number of years in the program.
There are no additional charges for the leadership training.
Teens interested in the CIT program are encouraged to contact the
camp office at (310)392-3100 for more information and availability.
Water Sports Day Program
- Be at least 13 years of age.
- Attend camp daily for a minimum of 2 weeks. CITs may choose any 2 weeks during the summer.
- Experience in 3 or more of the following: sailing, canoeing,
snorkeling, surfing, motorboating, swimming, working with children (i.e.
babysitting). Those who do not meet this requirement may attend 1 week as a pre-CIT to complete it, and then become a CIT for any other weeks.
CIT’s enjoy all regular activities plus special activities for CIT’s only. To be eligible for participation, CIT’s must:
- Be at least 14 years of age
- Have attended the sleep-away as a camper in a previous year, or have camping experience.
The LIT Program is geared for the older teenager (age 16-18; ) who is
seeking more leadership experience while working with children. To be
eligible, an LIT must:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Have at least two summers of CIT experience
- Watersports Day Camp: Be available 5 days a week for a minimum of 4 weeks and be available for training
- Sierra Sleep-Away: Attend all 12 days of the Sleep-Away and be available for pre-camp training
If you would like to apply for the LIT position or have any questions, please contact the camp office.