WE ARE AN ACCREDITED CAMP!
The American Camp Association (ACA) is the largest professional
camping organization in the United States. ACA Accreditation means our
program cares enough to undergo a thorough review (over 300 standards)
of it’s operation – from staff qualifications and training to emergency
management. American Camp Association collaborates with experts from The
American Academy of Pediatrics, The American Red Cross, and other youth
service agencies to assure that current practices in our program
reflect the most up-to-date, research-based standards in camp operation.
Sierra Adventure Camps and ACA form a partnership that promotes summers
of growth and fun in an environment committed to safety.
ACA helps accredited camps provide:
- Healthy, developmentally appropriate activities and learning experiences
- Discovery through experential education
- Caring, competent role models
- Service to the community and the environment
- Opportunities for leadership and personal growth
We are pleased to report we have met these strict standards since 1976.