Work with children this Summer
in outstanding beach, lake, and mountain locations!
Exciting, Adventurous and Outgoing
The Sierra Sleep-Away is a 12-day camp experience. Employment is only for 12 days, with a maximum of 14 days. Most of our staff return back each year for this event. This employment opportunity is ideal for a college student who is taking summer school classes and is able to attend the August session of the Sleep-Away Camp. On the Sierra Sleep-Away you
will enjoy a true camping experience, with tent living, on the
beautiful shores of Bass Lake, near Yosemite. For more information about
this program please read about: Sierra Sleep-Away
- Minimum age 21.
- Three year valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- Ability to obtain Red Cross First Aid, CPR and Lifeguarding (camp will provide training, if necessary).
- Applicants are subject to a background check, drug, and alcohol testing prior to and during employment.
- Desire and ability to work with young people ages 7-17.
- Ability to put children’s needs above your own during time as a staff member.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Must have good work references.
Dates of employment:
Sierra Sleep-Away is 12 days long (August 11 – August 22, 2014).
Staff Training is crucial to the success of both the staff person and
the program. Staff Training dates TBA. Staff
Training is paid.
A sleep-away camp program can be very demanding. As a Group Leader, one is really on call 24 hours a day. Generally the day begins around 7:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. Time off is designated everyday during the camp day.